Marketing Coordinator (Remote)
Firestoke is a publisher of indie PC and Console games. We love games that bring people together, that can be shared with friends and family and which spark joy!
Our aim is to connect a growing global audience of players with the games they love. We are driven by creative inspiration, but informed by data, enabling us to bring players the best indie games from the brightest development talent.
As part of our growth, we are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Marketing Coordinator, who can share ownership of product campaigns which will also include social media creation, media planning and community building. Reporting to the Marketing Director, you will be given the unique opportunity to get involved in different areas of marketing with the chance to specialise in a specific discipline later on down the line, making this a great role for someone looking to move into the games industry.
You will also have a voice in future game signings and have the ability to input valuable feedback and suggestions throughout the development process.
If you are excited by the chance to join a startup team with big ambitions and strong backing then we’d love to speak with you. We offer a rare and exciting opportunity to play a significant role in helping shape a successful future for both ourselves and our development partners.
As a small team within a startup, we all naturally wear lots of ‘hats’. However, work-life balance is extremely important to us as well as being open and transparent. So, below you can find an extensive overview of all the types of activities you will have the opportunity to get involved in (not all at once, don’t worry!).
- Collaborate on planning and executing diverse marketing campaigns across various channels for all of our games.
- Act as one of the primary contacts for external partners involved in running campaigns and initiatives.
- Organise and deliver assets to local teams and agency partners.
- Assist in managing campaign budgets and tracking expenditures.
- Onboard studios, agencies, and external partners effectively.
- Aid in reporting campaign performance to both internal and external stakeholders, particularly studios.
- Set up various campaigns, including those involving content creators and paid media.
- Work with our in-house creative leads to create briefs for internal and external teams.
- Provide 3rd party account support when needed, with a focus on partners like Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft.
- Support trade marketing initiatives and events as required.
Social Media and Community:
- Become another product expert to enhance Firestoke’s presence on social media and in the gaming community.
- Assist (and sometimes lead) the development and management of engaging content for all Firestoke products and initiatives.
- Collect and convey community sentiment, ensuring key issues and opportunities are communicated to stakeholders and senior management.
- Support the Marketing Director in corporate communications and B2B strategy across relevant channels.
- Maintain and seek to improve upon a framework for planning and executing social media and community campaigns.
- Handle ad hoc community bug reporting, tracking, and direct follow-ups in coordination with the Marketing Director, External Producer, and Studio.
- Identifying and developing rich, long-lasting relationships with key content creators on platforms such as – but not limited to – Twitch and Youtube
- Plan and run innovative multi-channel campaigns that support the overarching product strategy and objectives.
- Support with negotiating deals and deliverables with influencers and agencies including setups, briefs, budgeting and contracts.
- Monitoring influencer campaigns, analysing performance, reporting results and insights to the business.
- Passion for gaming and up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and key players.
- Basic understanding of marketing fundamentals.
- Willingness to explore new approaches and actively engage in tasks.
- Strong multitasking abilities with a keen eye for detail.
- Proficiency in standard office software such as MS Office and Google Suite.
- Effective copywriting skills for crafting engaging social media and other bite-sized content.
- Able to track, measure, and provide feedback on social analytics.
- Self-driven to establish personal goals, KPIs, and metrics to monitor campaign and project performance.
- Ability to deliver concise and timely reports to colleagues and senior management.
- Basic familiarity with photo and video manipulation software like Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Comfort with and enthusiasm for working independently when necessary.
- Keen interest in gaming livestreams and potential to host Firestoke livestreams in the future.
- Experience or a strong understanding of social management tools, scheduling, and reporting.
- Proficiency in social media management scheduling tools.
- Strong analytical skills with a data-driven mindset.
We offer a competitive salary, share options, generous holiday allocation, flexible working, monthly hot desk contribution (if required) and a friendly and respectful culture. Most of all, we offer the opportunity to help build a company that brings joy to a global audience.
Firestoke was founded by a small, dedicated team. We are now looking to attract others who share a passion for our audience and our games. We are a UK company operating on a fully remote basis and are therefore pleased to accept candidates from any location.
Interested? Please email a quick introduction along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct applications only, please. No agencies.
Firestoke Group Ltd
Suite 2, Ground Floor, Orchard Brae House, 30 Queensferry Road, Edinburgh, EH4 2HS
Company Registered in Scotland #SC689236